Saturday, May 22, 2010

Eric Holder Admits He Hasn't Read Arizona Immigration Bill



It's a very simple concept that
  • President Obama
  • Eric Holder (the flippin' US Attorney General for Christ's Sake!), or even
  • Janet Napolitano, (a former governor of Arizona!)
...have apparently missed.

That is the concept of knowing the subject before opening your mouth to speak.

I don't consider myself an intellectual by any means, but if I don't know a subject, I STFU until I do.  I read the bill.  Three times so far.  It is the easiest bill I have ever read.

I was trying to discuss this with a co-worker the other day.  That person had not read the bill, but exclaimed it would lead to racial profiling.  That drew a look of puzzlement from me.  The other co-worker in the room didn't want us to discuss it any longer because they can't stand to hear opinions that differ from theirs (IMHO, based on 4 yrs of discussions with this person).

No comments: