Tuesday, June 22, 2010

General McCrystal

I still have the parking stub from my first protest in Sacramento in my wallet. Why? Because it was the first time since I was out of the service that I could express myself without fear of repercussion.

When you're in the military, the only time you are allowed to say anything contrary to your superiors is when beyond any reasonable doubt keeping silent will disgrace the U.S. and your service.  This falls under the heading of 'Obeying Lawful Orders'.

There's a lot of gray area in what is lawful and what isn't.  Anyone who's never been in or around the military will have difficulty in understanding this fact.  Most civilians think that if something is clearly illegal, then you disobey the order.  Those people would end up in military prison.

So, General McCrystal, I find myself very clearly against you for speaking your mind, as much as I might agree with you.  You see...unlike most progressives I've met, I still believe in the rule of law and in honor.

There is no honor in speaking ill about your superiors and indeed it is unlawful under UCMJ Subchapter X, Section 888, Article 88 as I linked in the first paragraph.  You should be removed from your post and asked to resign by the President.

While there is no honor in what you said, there's definitely stupidity and a self-destructive tone in it.

I want to thank you on behalf of all of us who agree with your thoughts on the Prez and others for setting us back another notch and giving progressive idiots more fuel with which to fight us.

No comments: